As a homeowner, roll-off dumpsters are one of those things you probably don’t need to rent on a frequent basis. But there are certainly situations where you might need one. Perhaps you’re planning a major spring house cleaning or a room remodel, or you’ve got some really bulky or large junk items to get rid of. It’s too much to set out on the curb for your city trash service to pick up, so you need to find another way to have it removed. If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Our company provides roll-off dumpster rentals to Jacksonville area homeowners at affordable rates and unbeatable terms. No matter what your exact needs are, we’ve got just the right dumpster for your household project.
There’s no end to the types of work projects at home that could use a roll-off dumpster. Some of the most common reasons homeowners rent dumpsters are:
- To clear out a cluttered garage, basement or attic.
- During a whole-house cleaning prior to moving in or moving out.
- When doing roof repairs.
- During debris clean-up after a natural disaster.
- When gutting rooms and tearing down walls.
- When making repairs from water or mold damage.
- During remodeling or renovation projects (new additions, bathrooms or kitchens).
- For collection of yard waste during an excavation or major landscaping project.
- To discard large, non-functioning items like old grills, lawnmowers, furniture, worn-out mattresses or exercise equipment.
The rental process
To rent one of our dumpsters, you just need to call us and tell us your needs, including what types of materials you will be discarding, what quantity, and when you want the dumpster. If you call us on a weekday before 10 a.m., we can usually deliver the dumpster the same day. If you call us after 10 a.m., we’ll probably make the delivery the following day. After the dumpster has been delivered and you’ve filled it up, call us and let us know. We’ll pick it up, dispose of your refuse, and recycle as much of the discarded materials as we possibly can.
Standard residential dumpster rental periods are two weeks. Please let us know if you end up needing the dumpster for a longer period of time, finish with it earlier than expected, or need it emptied more than once. We’ll try to accommodate your needs in any way we can.
Dumpsters can be placed anywhere on your property, such as in a driveway or your front yard. The location needs to easily accessible for our trucks and not blocked by other debris, trees or cars. If you live in a neighborhood with a homeowners association, please check with them regarding any rules or bylaws about dumpster placement and rental duration. If you need to place a dumpster on the street in front of your home, be aware that you may need a permit and the dumpster cannot block traffic. Our sales
representatives are happy to help you figure out how to acquire a permit if necessary.
What can—and can’t—go in the dumpsters
Our roll-off waste containers are big and sturdy, and can hold just about anything. All of the following items can be discarded in them:
- Trash or garbage.
- General household items (housewares, clothing, mattresses, toys, rugs, etc.).
- Furniture (sofa, chairs, tables, etc.).
- Paper products, including cardboard.
- Fencing material and yard waste (leaves, tree branches, debris, etc.).
- Remodeling and construction debris (drywall or sheetrock, asphalt, lumber, flooring, cabinetry, siding, brick, concrete, roofing shingles, windows, etc.).
- Scrap metals and other recyclables.
There are several items, however, that we can’t accept or haul, including:
- Appliances containing Freon (e.g. refrigerators, air conditioners).
- Motor oil, transmission fluid, gasoline or other automobile fluids.
- Automobile batteries.
- Transmission/hydraulic oil.
- Paint, varnish and solvents.
- Fireworks or other explosives.
- Whole tires.
- Animal carcasses.
- Medical waste.
- Biodegradable materials.
- Items containing asbestos.
What size dumpster is best?
While our roll-off dumpsters come in 10, 20, 30 and 40 cubic yard sizes, we generally recommend 20-yard dumpsters for the average residential project. This is still big enough to handle most home renovations—containing the equivalent of approximately 10 pickup truck loads—but not too big. With a smaller footprint than the 30-yard container, the 20-yard dumpster fits better on most residential properties and driveways. This size is also easier to fill than 30- or 40-yard dumpsters, which may require special construction equipment to load properly.
Keep in mind, for residential projects, we typically only haul away refuse one time. If you don’t think you’ll be able to fit everything you’re throwing out into one 20-yard dumpster and just one pick-up, you might want to move up to a 30-yard size container. Of course, if you’re unsure what size dumpster is best for your project, let us know. We’ll be happy to offer some assistance so you can make the right decision.
Book your roll-off container today!
If you’d like a price quote for a dumpster or if you have questions about our dumpster rental services, give us a call at 904-260-3722. We look forward to assisting you with your big household clean-up or remodeling project. Always remember: If you need a dumpster rental, we’re the ones to call. You can’t go wrong with Sunshine Recycling!